Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I just picked up a 2008 vstar 1300 tourer. I traded my 2006 roadstar warrior 1700 for it, I wanted a more comfortable ride for long distance. It has some nice chrome and upgrades already. I'll be looking for a fairing here pretty soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
295 Posts
Nice ride! Are you just joining our forum, dbirch? Looks like it will be a comfortable ride for you. Welcome. Ride safe and enjoy~YammyV

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice ride! Are you just joining our forum, dbirch? Looks like it will be a comfortable ride for you. Welcome. Ride safe and enjoy~YammyV

Thank you. Yeah I'm just now joining this forum. I was only the roadstar warrior forum for a bit. This is much more comfortable for me and my wife. Got it earlier today and went about 150 miles. It has good power and runs smooth.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I don't know anything about electrical, but I'm sure you could find info on how to check connections with a voltage meter. There are some knowledgeable members on here that you can learn from, I'm sure!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know anything about electrical, but I'm sure you could find info on how to check connections with a voltage meter. There are some knowledgeable members on here that you can learn from, I'm sure!

Yeah I'm thinking it's just a fuse or a loose wire. I'll be able to take it apart pretty easily with my mechanic buddy

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Welcome DBirch, from southwestern PA. Nice ride! And thanks fer the pic. Curious though why you would step back from the Roadie to the 1300. I would think the heavier bike would be better for the longer haul. Most likely something simple with yer lights. I wired mine to the toggle switch on one of the light housings so I can turn them on with my high beams at night. Helped tremendously with night rides. Still thinkin about adding a couple fog lights to the engine gaurds too. Good luck fixin yer lights.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome DBirch, from southwestern PA. Nice ride! And thanks fer the pic. Curious though why you would step back from the Roadie to the 1300. I would think the heavier bike would be better for the longer haul. Most likely something simple with yer lights. I wired mine to the toggle switch on one of the light housings so I can turn them on with my high beams at night. Helped tremendously with night rides. Still thinkin about adding a couple fog lights to the engine gaurds too. Good luck fixin yer lights.

My lights have the toggle and aren't coming on at all. The roadstar warrior 1700 is a muscle cruiser. It only weighs 600lbs. It had the aluminum frame and r1 forks and tires. Long distance 2 up wasn't the best. By myself it was fine though it's an amazing bike and I do miss it. The 1300 is a much more comfortable ride 2-up and it has decent acceleration. I went with it because I got an offer to trade straight up so I took it and I'm liking it other than the lights not working

·
Super Moderator
6,091 Posts
Welcome to the forum dbirch! Great looking bike you have there. Hopefully you have better riding weather than most of us. Enjoy the forum!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome to the forum dbirch! Great looking bike you have there. Hopefully you have better riding weather than most of us. Enjoy the forum!

Thank you. Yeah it's a bit rainy/ cloudy today. I still got 80 miles on this afternoon though. I am happy to live in Texas. I'm able to ride just about year round. As long as it's over 32 and not raining, I'll be on my bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts