Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

My name is Lori and I am new to riding and loving it!! I am looking for a V Star 650 to purchase as my first bike. Can anyone give me an idea of prices for used bikes (Canadian) or is it a better idea to go new? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
New bike

Lori,

I see you did not get a reply. I can't help on the price in Canada. But My opinion on new or used. There are a lot of low mileage bikes in good shape out here. If you plan to buy a bike to learn on then go on to a larger bike then I would go used. You would loose a bunch if you traded in a late model bike later.

650 V Star is a good bike and many are happy there. In that case you might look at new.

Dave

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Like Dave, don't know about Canada, butI see in the local paper tonight there is an 07 650 Silverado w/ext warranty, accs, and only 200 miles for $4995, so I thought that sounded pretty good. Something like that would be a thought. good luck to you, have fun:)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Here are some listings from craigs list in VA, fairly broad range.

Mar 17 - yamaha vstar classic 650 - $2600 - (lewisburg wv)

Mar 8 - 2007 YAMAHA VSTAR 650 - $5000 - (BASSETT VA)

Mar 8 - Yamaha Vstar Classic - $2800 - (Lewisburg wv)

Feb 27 - Yamaha V-Star - $3800 - (Salem ) pic

- 2001 Yamaha Vstar classic - $3200 - (Christiansburg) pic

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey Lori,

Don't know if you picked up a ride yet.....On July 18/10 I picked up a 2008 V Star Silverado at S.G.Power in Victoria (on Hillside Ave) Loaded with $5000. in extra goodies, 6000km for $6995.oo It was a repo. Let me know if I can help you find a ride if you have'nt already. [email protected]

Cheers,
Linda

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Lori, congrats on the new adventure! I just learned to ride in April, and bought a used '06 Vstar classic in May. I love it, it's a great bike, and I'm glad I bought used. I don't know how the market for bikes is in Canada, but the competition this spring was nuts. I had about 12 bikes sell out from under me - literally I would show up at the appointed time and someone else would be riding the bike off into the sunset. As a result I got a little trigger happy - I love my bike but if I had it to do over again I would have waited out the summer and hunted in fall/winter. Probably would have gotten a better bike for a better price (I paid US. $3000, shouldn't have paid more than 25 for the shape the bike's in). Take your time and buy a Clymer manual once you get your bike. Good luck to you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts