Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own an '04 Suzuki Volusia and an '05 Kawisaki Nomad 1600. I want to get down to one bike and have pretty much settled on the 2012 V-Star 950T. Can anytone enlighten me on the "all new" transmission for 2012? I think Yamaha may have made the gearing a bit taller to drop the rpms at interstate speeds.

I live in Port Townsend, WA but take the Volusia to AZ where interstate speeds run to 75 mph for all vehicles. The Volusia is a fun bike to ride but is a bit buzzy at 75+ mph when I am forced to take the interstates for part of a trip. The Volusia is the older version of the Suzuki C-50 (805cc).

PT Cruiser

·
Registered
621 Posts

Welcome to the forum! I can't tell you anything about the "all new" transmission (I didn't even know they redesigned it), but I can tell you that you'll be really happy with the 950.

Actually, looking at the web page for the 950, I see that it has the "all new transmisson" blurb listed for both the 2011 and 2012 model pages. I kind of think I remember it saying that when I got my '09 in '09 - the first year of the 950 - so it may be less about transmission redesign and more about web administrator laziness. In any case, the transmission on my bike is fine, and it never bothers me on the highway.

·
Administrator
13,711 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Welcome, PT I just live across the bay at Whidbey. Hope you enjoy the 4M

Ride Safe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts