Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this forum after purchasing my 2003 V Star Custom 1100. My first bike was a 1987 Virago 700 and that forum site was extremely insightful and entertaining. I am proud to be a member of the Star forum site now and look forward to learning as much I can, as well as spreading my knowledge of the Star brand.

See ya around the boards!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Evidently the three post rule is enforced, contrary to other's beleifs about new member posting priveledges.:p

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good time to make up my signature.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Posted photos in the gallery section of my ride.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL I can see the fun this place is going to be for sure. By the way, anyone know where my screen name comes from:confused:? A little trivia for ya.

·
Registered
167 Posts
LOL I can see the fun this place is going to be for sure. By the way, anyone know where my screen name comes from:confused:? A little trivia for ya.
Can't remember the name of the movie but I think it has something to do with a xxx movie with mark wahlburg. I think his friend used the name Dirk Diggler.

I use to live in Whitehall. I lived in the neighborhood built right next to the school campus.

Jim

·
Registered
116 Posts
welcome from arlington va! i love the viragos, classy looking old bikes. how do you like the vstar in comparison?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome from Washington State:)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can't remember the name of the movie but I think it has something to do with a xxx movie with mark wahlburg. I think his friend used the name Dirk Diggler.

I use to live in Whitehall. I lived in the neighborhood built right next to the school campus.

Jim
I live across the field from the school campus all my life next to Fellowship manor nursing home and you are correct on the trivia question. Boogie nights is the movie.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was a sad moment to see my Virago go down the road undermeath it's new owners rearend but after aquiring my 1100 custom, I don't feel so sad anymore. What an upgrade.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard. Double D huh, not the triple x movie I had in mind.

·
Administrator
13,706 Posts
howdy. be sure to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting

http://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7

and please take our census

http://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5655

again with the 3 post rule. where you are people getting this? here's the rule that's posted twice in the rules section on the forums:

11. - New members must post at least once in the introductions thread before gaining ability to post elsewhere on the forums. (sometimes it may take up to 45 minutes after your post before your permissions are granted to post in other areas of the forum.)

how are people getting access to the misinformation of the 3 post rule?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
howdy. be sure to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting

http://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7

and please take our census

http://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5655

again with the 3 post rule. where you are people getting this? here's the rule that's posted twice in the rules section on the forums:

11. - New members must post at least once in the introductions thread before gaining ability to post elsewhere on the forums. (sometimes it may take up to 45 minutes after your post before your permissions are granted to post in other areas of the forum.)

how are people getting access to the misinformation of the 3 post rule?
It is stated right in the rules for new members. I saw it myself.

·
Administrator
13,706 Posts
It is stated right in the rules for new members. I saw it myself.
yeah i think admn might have gone in and edited it at some point so i changed it back. i haven't been informed of any changes so the last information i have is that it's just one post, and not three. you did the right thing with the info you had, so it wasn't your fault

1 - 16 of 16 Posts