Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Welcome! Now how about a little more info? How long you been riding, pics, etc :D I promise we don't bite and mostly we won't stalk you!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Welcome. And because I know a lot of other people don't know this and I had to look it up…

32,000 kilometers = 19,883.8782 miles

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Greetings M'Lady

More info, well, I'm an old fart. Been riding for 40 years. Had a half dozen bikes before the V-Star, but the 'star is the nicest of the lot.
Aircraft mechanic and pilot by trade, been twisting wrenches for 40 years also. Have had the V-Star for about four years and don't plan to give it up anytime soon.

Tail-dragon

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Corsair, I was in Hamilton a couple of weeks ago for the Airshow, ...

... and saw both the F4U, and the Sabre fly - Beautiful!
I am casually aquainted with Dan Dempsey who flies the Sabre now.
Where do you work, that you get to play with such nice toy's?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Welcome! Does the name mean to imply that you have done the Tail of the Dragon, by any chance?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well ... umm ... no, (and I hadn't thought of that!)

Welcome! Does the name mean to imply that you have done the Tail of the Dragon, by any chance?
It means that my plane is a "tail-dragger" (conventional gear) - I hadn't thought of the other ways it could be construed.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Well I know Dan also; I let him pilot my Sabre :D. As for where I work, let;s just say that it was a great place to work with excellent people but unfortunately I got laid off yesterday for economical reasons thry told me :(. Sucks to be me right now but hey, I got to live a dream for 5 years.

Ride safe

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know the feeling, ...

I worked for Air Canada for 24 years, then they decided maintenance was cheaper in El Salvidor, Brazil, and Indonesia, and boom - I'm unemployed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts