Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, just joined the forum today. I just bought a 2006 Roadliner. I've been riding for years and am happy to be back on two wheels after a one year break. I am looking forward to learning more about the bike. I have done lots of reading about it, and am loving it so far. I am curious to know what the common upgrades are for the bike such as air intake, exhaust and appearance mods. This is my first fuel injected bike, so while I have rejetted carbs, I've never messed with EFI. The bike is bone stock right now besides the added windshield, bags and sissy bar. Looking forward to making it my own. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
If you like the way the bike runs now, there are no known issues with the fuel injected Road Stars or Roadliners. Some minor things to keep an eye on, but no real design issues.

If you only put an aftermarket exhaust on it, you dont really have to retune the ECM. If you change the intake then yes, get the ECM re-flashed with a modified fuel map to give it more fuel.

There is a lot to be said for a fully stock Vstar bike. The engineers at Yamaha really knew what they were doing, and a stock bike will easily go 100,000 miles without engine problems.

If you want to make the bike look different, there is no limit to what you can do to it.

·
2,504 Posts
Welcome from the Maritimes. The Roadliner is a beautiful bike and I'm sure some other owners will chime in on how they modded theirs. I'm with KCW and keep my VStar pretty much stock (performance wise anyway) but more power to ya if do some upgrades. Love to see a pic of it!

·
Super Moderator
6,411 Posts
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. I’m like NorthernRider, I’d love to see some pics of your ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,470 Posts

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Nice looking bike. I see then for sale here on craigslist once in a while with low mileage and a good price, but there is always something: one was painted like a yellow and black checkered cab, one was painted flat grey with spider webs, one had a hypercharger and what looked like straight pipes.

When I find one that is completely stock I will grab it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts