Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Hoping to find some information on a 2002 vstar 1100 silverado.Installed the new starter clutch mod on my bike last year. The exhaust tone was very different than before. It used to have a nice deep rumble through the aftermarket exhaust, now not so much.Is this a timing issue? Ive adjusted the cam timing 3 times with no effect. Has anyone else had these problems with this modification? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you

·
Super Moderator
6,019 Posts
Welcome fj, I don't have an answer for you, yet as bevo suggested, ask in the vstar section. We have quite a few 1100 owners here. Be sure to send some pics of your ride.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
First off, welcome to the forum from southwestern PA. And my first advice would be to stop using throttle while starting the bike. Might avoid having to replace starter clutch a second time. As for the sound of the exhaust changing, I can't see how one can effect the other unless you had the exhausts off, and did something wrong when putting them back on. Did you put new exhaust gaskets in? Leave a wrench in the pipe? Just kidding. Maybe someone else will chime in with a solution to your dilemma.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts