Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Yamaha road star cruiser class 1100 year is 2000 it was running very good till one morning it didn't it starts rough that morning runs a little rough I go about 15ft it dies now I don't hear the gas pump start the starter won't kick in ignition switch don't work what's happening to my at one time perfect running bike till this it run great

·
Registered
755 Posts
Could be a number of things...Kick stand switch..fuel pump...fuel filter..I am sure that you will get pointed in the right direction soon. I would try to rule the simple things out first though before going on a deep dive.. good luck!

·
2,488 Posts
First of all, welcome to the forum. I had a 2000 1100 Classic and it was a great bike - never let me down. Now that you've introduced yourself you can post in other forums. You'll get more responses if you post your problem in the 1100 forum as many here don't check the new member introductions.

As for your problem, it sound to me like an electrical issue. Where so many electrical parts seem to be failing, I'd check the battery first, and if it's good check where the ground wire connects to the frame. Even if it looks good take it off and clean it. I'm no expert and there are others here with more knowledge than me though and I'm sure someone may have other suggestions.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,428 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,398 Posts
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee!
Yes you’ll get more responses in the Vstar section, and we’d love to see some pics of your ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts