Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all, another newby!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just purchased a new 2009 V-Star 1300 a month or so ago. I have ridden before, almost 30 years ago and just now have come back to it. So far besides the heat its been real nice. The only hard part is finding more time to ride.... Its harder now than when i was a kid. I think too much now. I wonder what the cars and trucks will do and whats coming up behind me...But its still very nice and i can't wait for some cooler temps. I plan on keeping my bike stock for the most part but have added halegen passing lamps, a quick release windshield and back rest for when the wife rides. And some black leather bags to carry my lunch amongest other things. I plan to use it as a commuter and am tickled at how short my stops at the gas stations are. I love Yamaha and have many of thier products. Hope everyone rides safely. Just saying Hello. I accidently posted this under somebodys elses ad, pardon my confusion.

·
Registered
13 Posts
WOW you sound like me new 2009 1300 been about 30 years last bike was a 74 honda CB450. Was talking with a friend about the diffrence in riding now and then and you sound like you were there in the talk. I am also loving the rides when i can.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on your new bike. Always good to hear folks getting back into the fold. You're choice of riding machine is excellent and should provide you many years of outstanding service. This is a good forum and mix of bike enthusiasts, and questions or concerns about most anything are easily shared around. :D

·
Super Moderator
13,039 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new scoot. It's a good feeling to get back on 2 wheels.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Stratowart I like your woody.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yall are great, thanks for the warm and fuzzy welcome(i Think) . I will try and get a pic posted of my bike soon. DPitt58 its funny, but i too use to ride a cb 650 I can't actually remember the number but it was nice honda set up for racing. Upon talking to my friends we are trying to remember if it actually had rearview mirrors on it lol.If it did i don't remember looking into the past. Nowdays it seems like my head is on a swivel at all times. And of all things another crazy motorcyclist almost ran into me while driving into work yesterday. You know the type, guys that are traveling 75 in traffice weaving in and out, well lucky for me i spotted him in my rear view mirror so i kept my conposure and stayed on myside of the lane and he came flying by, in shorts with his legs bowed out. lol no sh!t he almost hit me with a boney knee but at 65 mph and him doing 70/80 on interstate i am just happy i saw him flying up. Could have been bad very easily.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts