Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2,349 Posts
Welcome from the Maritimes. I agree... we need pics!

·
Super Moderator
6,231 Posts
Hi John, welcome to the forum. Yes, please share some pics with us and ride safely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,016 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Nice looking bike. Ride often and safe.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Recently got back on a bike after 40 years. Started with a 650 and loved it. If it had one more gear (so it could do 80 at lower rpm) I might still be riding it. So nimble. Great looking. Reliable.

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
Nice looking bike.

I tied a seabag onto the back of my bike a few years ago for a week long trip.

It was great to be able to lean back into it - that is what inspired me to get a drivers backrest.

But the first 30 miles every time I hit a bump the bag moved back just a bit. When I stopped it was all the way back on the tail light.

Thats not a good way to carry stuff, when you have it tied like that, if you push it sideways it will slide right down on the muffler or into the wheel on the other side. There is nothing to stop it from rolling sideways under the cords. I had to really really tie it down good. If you dont have a fender rack there is nothing to tie it to to keep it from sliding sideways.

Since then I have put a trunk on my 650 - wish I had done that 5 years ago.

·
Registered
593 Posts
KCW,

I had my bag strapped down such that it was pulled forward against me. Having it slide sideways was a big fear so I had it hooked on each side so it couldn't move much at all.

My 950 has the passenger backrest which I can slide my small bag over and hooks perfectly. When traveling, I can put everything else into another small bag which rides on the passenger seat in front of that bag and is cinched down such that it can't slide sideways unless something breaks. Two straps will have to snap before it can slide sideways and it doubles as a pretty decent backrest.

I'm overly cautious. And cheap.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts