Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. My names Emily. I've got a v star 650 custom and she's my baby. I joined this forum to hopefully get some advice on fully removing my pipes to wrap or paint them. Having a lot of trouble removing the lower pipe from the front of the engine.

·
Registered
125 Posts
If they are set up like the 1100 are, you will probably need to let them soak with some PB Blaster and make sure you have a good hex wrench/socket. Then it potentially becomes a fine balance between using finesse and a breaker bar so that you don't strip the head. I had more trouble with the rear ones due to the space limitations it felt like.
However once I was able to get them removed, I cleaned the threads the best that I could and actually replaced one or two of the bolts. I also used some high temp anti-seize on the threads and copper gasket spray on the gasket to both help hold it in place and to help it seal once installed.
Hope this helped some and welcome to the forum

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,051 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,254 Posts
Hi Emily!
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. Love to see some pics of your bike.
You got some great advice on your pipe removal, please keep us updated on your progress and ride safely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2,366 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada. As you can see this is a very helpful forum. I have an 1100 so I'm not sure I can be of any help but it looks like you're getting some good advice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts