Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my Vstar 1100 for several years the starer clutch went out now I'm trying to get it all back together after sitting for a few years

·
Registered
119 Posts
What starter clutch are you going with? I went with Big Roller. Have had it in for a month or so. Been impressed so far. Have you tackled the job yet? DIY or having a shop do it?

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,471 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got it all back together finally and went with the big roller clutch with the clutch gear dampener. I had a lot of trouble with the timing as the factory set the cam to point down when the crankshaft and idler gears were lined up. it is not an issues unless in my situation the gears got turned so i lost my position. Which means the clutch case came off and i timed the bike from scratch. but after getting it all back together it wasn't running the best popping out of the rear carb. trying to check the valve clearance i could not follow the procedure in the manual. you should be able to have the rear TDC mark "T" line up in the case slot and the cam dot at the arrow then rotate the engine 290 degrees so the front TDC "|" mark and dot line up, but my front cam dot mark was 180 off. so i put the rear cylinder back at TDC then removed the rear cam sprocket rotated the crank 180 degrees to line back up the "T" mark then put the chain and sprocket back on lining up the dot and index mark. this fixed the issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts