Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone. New to the forum, but not to bikes. Recently purchased a 06 v star 650, and have started some mods. Bought it in non running shape with only 3600kms on it (yes kms, I’m in Canada, eh). Tore it down, rebuilt the carbs, and she ran beautifully. Now I’m starting to make it my own, and here for ideas and help, as I heard this is the place to be!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
take it for a 300km ride

if you cant feel your butt at the end, then you know the first thing to start with: making the stock seat match your custom behind.

there is nothing more "your own" than your seat :^)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The seat is in the plans for sure. I want to shave it down to about 1.5" so I sit lower in the saddle as well.

·
2,366 Posts
Welcome from the Maritimes. Nice looking bike and glad to hear you have it running. 3600kms - wow. You still need to finish breaking it in!

This is indeed the place to be for all things V Star. KCW is right on the seats (and plenty of other things) - stock V Star seats are akin to a leather wrapped brick as far as comfort goes. You'll get plenty of answers here so ask away!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have another post actually in regards to levers, looking for a certain kind. I've seen somewhere about adding carpet underlay to the top of the seat foam, and I plan on doing that as well when I cut the foam down.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Netherlands, and great bike you have there!

Kind regards, Wim

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,051 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts