Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Hello!

3K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  Rmax 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, my name is Jesse and I have a 2002 V Star 1100 Silverado. The previous bike I had was a 1983 Honda Interceptor 750. I got tired of the uncomfortable riding position, so I traded up. I got this bike late last fall with just over 5000 miles on it. I love my V Star and am planning on some long beautiful rides soon.

#3 ·
Thanks!

I'm not sure what pictures you're talking about though. I've been trying to upload a couple, but they aren't showing up. At least not where I can find them. I'll be happy to upload some more pics once I figure out how to do it =D

#6 ·
Oh ok, got it. Maybe you can help me then lol. How in the world do you upload pics on this site? I'm trying to upload pictures into an album, but every time I try the page tries to load for a few minutes and then the browser goes blank. No failure message or anything, just a blank screen. Any help would be appreciated =D

#7 ·
Ok here comes the cavalry of the pic brigade. You can do it 2 ways; small or big. The small pics you post are done this way:
go to the advanced tab and click
on that page you will see a manage attachments button click it
you will have 2 options, the first is from your computer and the other is the big way (later)
Find the pics on your puter and upload.

The big pic way:
Same as above except
Host your pics on a pic hosting site (picassa and the like)
Find the URL and
hit upload.
So there you have it :)

By the way, welcome to the forum man. You will not find a find a better bunch of folks who like to have fun, talk bike and help each other out than here :).

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

#8 · (Edited)
Thanks Corsair, its nice to have a place where you can ask questions and answer some too :D

I finally figured out how to get the pictures to work. They were too big of a file so it kept crashing. I found a picture that is a smaller file and it loaded fine. I'll take some more pictures after I finish jetting the carburetors and clean her up. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

#11 ·
I'm rejetting because I'm putting on a new intake. My stock air system kept coming apart and causing problems. So I decided to replace it. I'll eventually want new pipes too. My girlfriend melted her shoe to my top pipe and now the pipe is super dull around that spot. Plus it's fun to mix it up :D

#13 ·
The melted shoe is pretty easy to get off. First use a plastic scraper when the pipe is cold to get off the heavy/thick stuff (you've probably already done this). Then go buy a brass wire brush (make sure it's brass, not steel or anything else). Then take a nice ride and get the pipes fully hot. Leave the engine running when you stop and go at the melted shoe with the brass brush. Wear gloves or you'll be cursing when you slip and burn your knuckles. Work the brush in small circular motion and you'll have it looking like new in just a few minutes.

I prefer cash contributions :D

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#15 ·
After seeing the pics of his ride I'm feeling a bit whorish. I want my new roadstar dammit!!! And....another snow prediction for Massachusetts this week dammit. But, ya know, maybe I will break down and read those pic instructions and post some of my new ride.

#18 ·
I know...I think it's because I'm using drop box that the other method doesn't work. I have a flicker account...if I could remember my username and password, lol. And of course, I only have dealer pics since I wasn't planning on the bike following me home, and technically it didn't, I still have to pick it up but it keeps SNOWING dammit. *growling* It's so nice out today...wish I could just throw in the towel at work and go get it. I hate dealers..."we need a week's notice to prep the bike" wah wah wah.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.