Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I just recently bought a 09 1300 and coming from riding sportbikes for most of life this is diffently a change (a more comfortable one I might add) anyway I and would like to ditch the stock pipes for a nice sounding aftermarket. Any suggestions?

Also, is it recommeded to install a fi2000 with this, for decel popping

Thx

·
Registered
422 Posts
I'm a big fan of the roadhouse classic 2into1. It sounds awesome and I didn't install a fuel processor and it runs fine. Once in a while it will pop a little on long decel but very minimal. Even with a fuel processor you will get a little popping on decel. If you listen close you can even hear a stock exhaust popping, its just not that noticeable because the stock exhaust is so baffled.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have Cobras on my 1100. They have a great sound, loud enough for people to know you are there and the tone out nice once you hit your cruise speed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have Cobras on my 1100. They have a great sound, loud enough for people to know you are there and the tone out nice once you hit your cruise speed.
Thx... I've been on you tube listening to the different pipes. it appears that I'll go with the cobras

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was wondering will I have to remove the baffles in the cobras? or do they come without them?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I know on my Cobras (Full pipes) the baffles slide in and out with one screw (I think maybe two) holding them in and then the tips go on. Basically these baffles look like a cheese grater straight through tube, not much sound attenuation just to add backpressure.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I still have the baffels in my pipes. I would try it with them in at first and see if you like it, before you rip them out.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Jimmyc,
FYI, I have a set of Cobra Speedster Shorts, SKU 2725 includes Cobra Quiet Baffles (doesn't include original baffles). These pipes list for $599.95. Cobra Quiet baffles go for ~$70/pr. They are in excellent condition only have about 1500 miles on them. These pipes were to loud even with quiet baffles, so I went back to the stock exhaust. Asking $350

Go to the end of first post and click second link for a picture of my bike with Speedster Shorts installed

http://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2121

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
rs1300
I appreciate your offer but the speedster longs are what I'm looking at. The longs look better on the tour model. Thx again

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hello all, I just recently bought a 09 1300 and coming from riding sportbikes for most of life this is diffently a change (a more comfortable one I might add)
Nice to hear this. I spend a lot of time at barf, a sport bike forum, and they just don't get cruisers at all. Anytime someone asks about one, everyone jumps in and says no, no, no - get a standard, or a SV650 or something else. If they sat their butts down on one, relaxed back with the swept-back bars, they might see/feel some of the benefits.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts