Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is anthony and i just bought my first bike. Its an 02 V star 1100 with 6000 miles. Im pretty happy with it but have to work out the bugs the previous owner created. Look forward to putting on some miles and then upgrading to a raider.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
My name is anthony and i just bought my first bike. Its an 02 V star 1100 with 6000 miles. Im pretty happy with it but have to work out the bugs the previous owner created. Look forward to putting on some miles and then upgrading to a raider.
G'Day Ants, let me be the first to welcome you to a great forum. I know better than most about finding bugs left by previous owners as mine is still a work in progress but I love her non the less. Look forward to seeing you around here.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Well Ants, it looks like you have two members greeting you who have had problems left by the PO. I was working until 9:30 on my bike...the PO had put 10w30 oil in her when it calls for 20w40. Seems that there's always those handful of bikes out there where the PO thought he was a master mechanic.

With all that said, this is an awesome place for information and awesome laughs. Let the questions fly and I am sure you'll find the answers you need. Welcome again and keep the rubber side down!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the previous owner installed a hypercharger and exhaust but didnt jet the carbs correctly. the air screws were turned so far out to compensate one of them ended up falling out. when i put the carbs back on there is a rubber type heat shield around them. does that have to go back on. i dont like the looks and it makes it impossible to get to the air screws without pulling the carbs.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi Anthony
Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy your time on here with us and that you get your bike up and running ASAP

·
Banned
1,741 Posts

How D :):D

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Wecome aboard to the mother ship.Great forum here with lots of info just in case you need help workn the bugs out.Sometimes it's not a bad thing workn bugs out.It lets you learn how your bike operates and what to do in case of a emergency roadside repair.But that never happens to a YAMAHA.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts