Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi There,
I see you have had your bike now for a year. How does your wife like it? I just got mine and am starting to ride ok, after taking course and DRS tests and passing. My problem is stalling out when turning after a complete stop. Can she help me with this? Im a Lady Rider too. I stall sometimes also after a stop and going straight. Pretty embarrassing with someone behide you......Thanks for getting back to me!
LuWood

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Hi There,
I see you have had your bike now for a year. How does your wife like it? I just got mine and am starting to ride ok, after taking course and DRS tests and passing. My problem is stalling out when turning after a complete stop. Can she help me with this? Im a Lady Rider too. I stall sometimes also after a stop and going straight. Pretty embarrassing with someone behide you......Thanks for getting back to me!
LuWood
Sugar Bear says welcome from So IN. You are on a great forum with a ton of great and knowledgeable folks. Add what you can, learn as you go, make some friends, and be loose and enjoy! Have a good laugh or two along the way:D Be sure to be on high alert for cagers as you progress with your learning, have fun, Ride Safe.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its sounds like you just need to give it a little more gas, and release the clutch a little more slowly. Probably the best advice I can give you is to find an empty parking lot and just practice pulling out and stopping. I was a little annoyed with my husband at first, because he had me in a parking lot for a while doing this, along with some other maneuvers. It did help. Practice, practice, practice. I hope this helps.
Where are you located?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts