Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, my name is Joel, and i currently like just north of Chicago. I'm new to riding, I've only had my license for about 2 months now, and up until yesterday I've been riding an 04 Hyosung GV250. great beginner bike, but too small for me. by about 50 miles my back was done for. yesterday i bought an 01 Road Star with 12k miles on it and all i can say is WOW. like riding a recliner. it's 1000 times more comfortable that the Hyo, and needless to say 250cc vs 1600cc makes a little bit of a difference. the bike already had Cobra pipes on it, heel toe shifter, K&N air filter, and floorboards. there is a decent dent in the gas tank though, but i don't see it when I'm sitting on it, so it only bothers me when I'm off the bike, which in itself bothers me also... otherwise I'm looking forward to the many many miles I'll be putting on my new star! nice to meet you all!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Quite a jump in size you made but what the hey? All that counts is that you enjoy it, right? Any who if you need help, advice on spending your hard earned cash or any other tid bit you may have, you'll get it here for sure ;).

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up :).

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome aboard :D

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Oh what a dent in that tank man I can't believe your still gonna ride
it that way. LOL I can't see it. Nice lookn R*

1 - 6 of 6 Posts