Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a somewhat experienced rider living in MD. I've owned several bikes. I'm not new to Yamaha as I've had a couple viragos. Looking forward to learning more about my 01 1100 custom.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Welcome from southwestern PA. You've come to the right place to for info, as there are a lot of good people here willing to share. Only thing is, you need to share some pics of that machine of yours.

·
Super Moderator
5,998 Posts
Hi cs, welcome to the forum. Keep us updated on your progress with the tank. I may be contacting you with some virago info as I'm building a bobber out of a 96' XV750. Glad you joined us and looking forward to your contributions.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi cs, welcome to the forum. Keep us updated on your progress with the tank. I may be contacting you with some virago info as I'm building a bobber out of a 96' XV750. Glad you joined us and looking forward to your contributions.
viragotechforum.com is going to be a HUGE source of information for you. I built mine into a bobber, too. Bare bones wiring harness, single manifold for the carb, drag bars, flat black paint, 2-1 pipes, etc. Did everything with the help I got from the forum. Unfortunately, I don't have any photos of it when I finished. My wife wasn't very happy with bikes at the time (lost a couple of friends), so as soon as I got it running, I sold it. There were also some titling issues with the bike and I was frustrated I did all that work and couldn't get the dang title. Oh, and the viragos I had were early 80s.

·
Super Moderator
5,998 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'm trying not to over complicate the build, but the factory exhaust looks extremely restrictive. I'll be posting some pics when I'm done. Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts