Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just getting started brother. On to a new chapter in life. My better half seems to be directing me towards Texas (Houston area) and maybe somewhere near New Hampshire/Maine border (she's from New England). Loving life! This will be the last move for a long time though. The inner Gypsy wants to settle down. Have a good one.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Just getting started brother. On to a new chapter in life. My better half seems to be directing me towards Texas (Houston area) and maybe somewhere near New Hampshire/Maine border (she's from New England). Loving life! This will be the last move for a long time though. The inner Gypsy wants to settle down. Have a good one.
Welcome to the forum from Highlands, TX. and come on down to Houston.

·
Super Moderator
6,367 Posts
Welcome LCF, love the new stadium in St. Louis. Great looking ride, thanks for posting a pic of it. Pick a place you can ride more than 6 months out of a year. You'll enjoy your bike a lot more, I'm speaking from experience, lol. You're going to enjoy this new chapter in your life. Ride safely!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Another WELCOME from another Houston, TEXAS rider. We ride 12 months a year her, and love it. Nice ride yo got there,enjoy it all you can.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Welcome LCF, love the new stadium in St. Louis. Great looking ride, thanks for posting a pic of it. Pick a place you can ride more than 6 months out of a year. You'll enjoy your bike a lot more, I'm speaking from experience, lol. You're going to enjoy this new chapter in your life. Ride safely!
I am from the south but lived in Chicago for the past 8 years and not feeling the winters anymore (even mild ones). Like I already said, my better half is from New England, and she doesn't like the cold at all. I want to stay south and always loved Texas. We have basically already decided to move to Texas in a few years. As for the St. Louis stadium comment; wrong city. Louisville Cardinals is what my screen name is about. Have a good one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Another WELCOME from another Houston, TEXAS rider. We ride 12 months a year her, and love it. Nice ride yo got there,enjoy it all you can.
We are very much looking forward to the move. Plan to make a home in Texas and retire. We can always visit her family in New England. Might even haul it one trip and do some riding around that part of the country. Can't wait for the next chapter!

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Man the Houston that I lived in and around in the mid 70's" too mid 80's is not the Houston of today.
Hat's off to those that ride there.It take big junk to just do-it. Y last year my high dollar GPS must have
been set for Mars as when I hit Huntsville it was of no use from there to Galveston. Cars, cars, and more cars

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've lived in cities almost all my life and honestly have no desire to keep living in the city. Granted that, I'll work in/near the city and visit but living is out of the question.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi all, wanted to say hello! I'm new to street bikes, but have been riding dirt bikes for a few years. Being that my mind and my back couldn't agree on my real age, I opted for a "smoother" ride. I recently purchased a 2006 V-Star 650 classic Silverado. Big jump from the ttr-125 I was riding on the trails, but I've been having a great time riding it and learning to maintain it! Glad to join this group and hope to learn a lot more about street bikes/riding.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum eh. Stay south man. I've got a walloping 24ºf right now and that's the high for today. We may get to ride sometime next week maybe. In any case, you've joined one great forum and if you need help or UBI's this is the place. Don't be shy to offer your help, favorite places to ride and your world famous gaspatio recipe.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts