Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas I've got a 2001 vstar 1100 and I love it. I am a 25 y/o disabled vet and because of this motorcycle I am officially 4 months free of "happy" pills. The wind on my face and discovering the north Georgia mountains has completely changed my outlook on life. I love this bike and can't wait to customize it to represent me. Any advice on maintanance or performance I am open to all suggestions. Thanks all!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Hello and welcome 11B, from southwestern PA. Thanks for your service, and good ta have ya aboard. I think I can see your smile from here. And I understand how ridin in the mountains can definitely change yer outlook. I too rode the Georgia mountain roads, fer one season anyway. Lived in Acworth for about a year and a half, while workin at Lockheed. But I'm sure it all looks diff. now, as that was some time ago, and the place was growin like gangbusters then. One very important thing to remember about the 1100's, is that when starting, NEVER use throttle, as it advances timing and could cause engine to kick back against the starter one way clutch, taking it out. Kind of an expensive repair, and takes time away from ridin. Oh, and post up some pics of yer ride. if ya got any, when ya can.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live about 30 minutes from acworth. And what part of Lockheed? My grandfather worked there for 40 years on flight line he finished out as lead inspector for F-22. I will get pics of the bike up once I figure out how and once I get completely woke up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts