1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi from me!

I am a returnee in the sense that as my first proper bike I had an
XV1100 virago about 10 years ago

Since then have owned Ducatis as well as other Jap sportsbikes and done lots of trackdays and small time racing

Still own a couple of Ducatis - a 748s and a 600ss

Have just put down the deposit on a 2005 XVS1100 custom which has 800 mile on the clock - it is silver with a black stripe

Pick it up on Sunday

I am based in Yorkshire in the United Kingdom

Intend to ride it then mildly customise it - love the look of this bike here - http://www.650ccnd.com/members/MetricSal.htm - and will be looking to pick up the rear fender as well as pipes, lowering kit and possibly slightly raking the front - do like the bobber look!

Anyway hi from me!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Welcome to the forum LoveRobot...never thought in a million years I would imagine myself saying that word...LoveRobot. Any ways, this is a great place and a ton of great information. Take care and keep the rubber side down.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi Loverobot
Welcome to the forum, I to am from the UK York so hope to see you around some time. I have sent you a PM from my Blackberry and asked about where you are getting your bike but take no notice of that as I thought you were getting a shiny new one.;)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Oh UK fine weather rider are you mate LOL ??? don't see many of them round these here parts :) :) :) Shiny and as new sounds good to me, enjoy your new bike.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh UK fine weather rider are you mate LOL ??? don't see many of them round these here parts :) :) :) Shiny and as new sounds good to me, enjoy your new bike.
Cheeky beggar!

This bike - yes - fine weather only - exactly like one of my ducatis which is pristine - (it is my pride and joy as I never thought I would own one) - the other one (a ducati as well) goes out in the rain and shine but always comes off the road when the salt goes down

Have commuted all weathers on a zxr636 for 4 years but it lost its sparkle somewhat - its just not fun imho - and I stopped and moved over to four wheels when the weather is really kack !

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Hi from me!

I am a returnee in the sense that as my first proper bike I had an
XV1100 virago about 10 years ago

Since then have owned Ducatis as well as other Jap sportsbikes and done lots of trackdays and small time racing

Still own a couple of Ducatis - a 748s and a 600ss

Have just put down the deposit on a 2005 XVS1100 custom which has 800 mile on the clock - it is silver with a black stripe

Pick it up on Sunday

I am based in Yorkshire in the United Kingdom

Intend to ride it then mildly customise it - love the look of this bike here - http://www.650ccnd.com/members/MetricSal.htm - and will be looking to pick up the rear fender as well as pipes, lowering kit and possibly slightly raking the front - do like the bobber look!

Anyway hi from me!
Now I know why you call yourself LoveRobot, no doubt you are a sick and kinky machine of great British engineering and will fit in well in this forum.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts