Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across this idea on another forum. I recently purchased an 09 1100 Silverado. With the saddlebags on, you cannot use the helmet lock in the factory location. I did not want to carry a cable or buy a new lock and have a second key to worry about tracking. This was a simple 15 to 20 min job. It looks factory and functions well. I like being able to lock my helmet up and not have to carry it into stores with me. I know it is not 100% theft proof but then again not much is.

http://www.vstar1100.com/helmet_lock_relocation.htm

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Well, looks like it would work, takes away a little I think from the looks. The vast majority of folks are very honest, I wonder about something like a $2 bicycle combination chain lock? No keys and no cutting and mods, just a thought.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sugar Bear,

Thought about that but I would have to remember a combo and just did not want to do that.

342lx,

I looked at that too but personal preference is to not have the lock as noticeable.

So far it has worked well for me and I thought I would share the idea with others.

·
Registered
249 Posts
thanks, good idea, i have a luggage rack that may be in the way. i moved mine using a bracket to my left passenger peg.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts