Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read several times about putting window tint on the top of face shield to block the sun. Well, I got tired of my 20 mile due west commute with the sun killing me. Bought some static cling tint and put on top of shield. WOW, it works great. Picture is of first test. After riding with it today I can make it about half inch lower. I used 20 percent, can still see traffic lights and such. I know the picture is bad but kept getting to many reflections. Has anyone else done this?

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
My HJC modular helmet had a slide down sun visor. I always wear polarized prescription sunglasses in the day time and used the visor a few times, but never found it very useful.

For the limited amount of time when I'm riding right into a sun that is low in the sky, I usually tilt my head forward so the top of my helmet opening acts as a sun visor.

A few times riding right into a sunset Ive had to hold my hand out to block it.

Makes me wonder, I have never seen anything like a sun visor for a MC windshield, but I'm sure someone must have done it.

·
Super Moderator
4,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got a drop down tinted visor also, but that setting sun is a killer. With the tint on and drop down I don't have to tilt my head down. There are some rwady nade ones but I'm cheap. Spent $7 on tint. I now have enough to do everyone's shield on this forum. 😀

·
Registered
239 Posts
Looks good. I prefer to ride with my beanie so sunglasses or yellow glasses all the time. My full face i wear does have the drop tinted shield. But i can see how this would be very effective on a cruiser..Not so much a sportbike that is always tilted down but hey a lot of sportbike riders have full tinted shields already.. If it's working for ya than it's a good thing :)

·
Super Moderator
6,019 Posts
I did a similar thing on a helmet in the past and it was quite helpful. I later purchased a helmet with a drop down shield so now I don’t need it, but it a cheap fix and worked great at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts