Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My wife rides as a passenger on my vstar 1100, and I was wondering if any of you know an inexpensive system for helmet to helmet communication. Presently she bangs on my hips, and while not unpleasant, it limits our vocabulary, eh. We have modular style helmets.
Thanks. ;)

·
Registered
1,530 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Personally I'd probably go with a Bluetooth setup. I've got a Modular Nolan 102. My GF doesn't ride so I don't need one like you do, but thinking bout bike to bike with riding buddies.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Noise

We deal with a lot of noise. I tried a cheap set, it did not work above 50 MPH. And the mich was active all the time. We used it once.

Dave

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
My girlfriend and I just listen to the voices in our heads. Sometimes they even talk to each other LOL.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
That's just pretty damn neat, sort of what Sugar Bear does, tried the helmet to helmet, and the wifey was screamin in the corner of my helmet like before we had helmet stuff, figguered ok, at least I give it a shot, now shut up and let me ride:) Sure glad she don't read this stuff:D

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have personally been using the Motocomm RiderLink ST-1. It was about $160 and has been well worth the money. It came with two styles of mics for both passenger and rider. They reduce wind noice significantly and I absolutely love mine! plus you can hook up an MP3 player and both listen, along with a bunch of other stuff like CB radio, cell phone, and GPS. And there is no need for a PTT when talking to the passenger. It functions like a phone would. Plus the kit comes with everything you need. Definitely worth looking into.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks

I have personally been using the Motocomm RiderLink ST-1. It was about $160 and has been well worth the money. It came with two styles of mics for both passenger and rider. They reduce wind noice significantly and I absolutely love mine! plus you can hook up an MP3 player and both listen, along with a bunch of other stuff like CB radio, cell phone, and GPS. And there is no need for a PTT when talking to the passenger. It functions like a phone would. Plus the kit comes with everything you need. Definitely worth looking into.

all good info. what is the PTT that I don't need? was the $160 each or total for both?

·
Registered
11 Posts
More info..sorry

Some intercoms require a Push to Talk to communicate with the passenger. This one doesn't. The kit comes with everything needed for both the rider and passenger. the $160 includes a boom mic and solid mount mic(for full face) for EACH (4 mics total). Also the communicator box, all adapter cables a PTT for radio use.... literally EVERYTHING needed to plug in and go are included in the kit.. I set mine up in ten minutes and worked and sounded as good as a Goldwing intercom. Here's the link so you can see for yourself. NOTHING ELSE IS REQUIRED TO PURCHASE :D

https://www.motocomm.com/products.php?ProductCatID=163&ItemID=3220&ImageID=70

·
Registered
6 Posts
Chatterbox XBI2 Group Buy

http://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1980
15% off units $166.00 Ea. Full face kit or Open face/Modular kit

I have 5 units sold for the group of bikers I ride with already

The XBi2 is the latest bike-to-bike wireless intercom that also comes equipped with A2DP Bluetooth technology.

It has all the features that the XBi has but with additional power that will allow simultaneous communications between 3 riders (all at once) with up to 500 meters of range [1,640 ft] in optimum conditions.

This Wireless Bluetooth Bike to Bike Intercom is unlike any other on the market.

Capable of pairing with up to two accessory devices at the same time. (ex. iPod, Mp3, satellite radio, GPS, cell phone, radar detector). check out the reveiw on webbikeworld
http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...hatterbox-xbi2

Here are the links and coupon code
Coupon Code: TGRSHK19 (15% discount)
Link to CBXBi2: http://w.mawebcenters.com/HapaStuff4...less-bluetooth
Link to CBXBi: http://w.mawebcenters.com/HapaStuff4...less-bluetooth

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you

The links don't work Einstein
I appreciate the effort required by tgrshk19 to respond to my original post, and I would refrain from calling someone something sarcastic like "Einstein". It is roughly the eqivalent of calling you smart ass.
Thanks tgr.

·
Registered
160 Posts
My wife and I use a set of waterproof Midland radios that we got at Cabella's for about $85. Where we ride, there isn't cell service, so blue tooth was out. The radios came with headsets. The vox doesn't work very well because of the wind noise, but the ptt is what we use. We each ride out own bike, and the range is more than enough. They came with the charger and lithium batteries. Some times I get annoyed with the headset in my ear though.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I appreciate the effort required by tgrshk19 to respond to my original post, and I would refrain from calling someone something sarcastic like "Einstein". It is roughly the eqivalent of calling you smart ass.
Thanks tgr.
I stand corrected. My apologies.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts