Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently rediscovered the excitement of riding my bike. I am looking at upgrading a few components, and while browsing websites have began to question the exact model. It was sold to me as a 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner. It has quick release windshield, sissy bar, etc. a few things that confuse me. It has a Roadliner air filter cover. The manual was published in 2005 with the following model numbers on the cover XV19SV(C) XV19V(C) XV19MV(C). IT has the little rubber selector button mounted to the top of the instrument cluster I don’t really think it matters if it’s strat or roadliner as far as fitting new parts goes, but am curious to know what you might think

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
That is a Stratoliner S , you can also take the VIN number and have it decoded by doing a google search and it will tell you what plant it was made and when.You can also tell a Stratoliner by the 3 chrome stripes on the tank.

Mine is a Staratoliner S , made at the #1 plant in Japan and it was built in November 2005 and it was the 947 th Stratoliner built.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well. That’s the weird thing. The guy I bought it from puchased in 2010 brand new from a dealer floor. I bought it from him in 2015. When I bought the bike it only had 3500 miles on it. Currently it only has 13,000. He did pay to have the exhaust re-worked, I wonder if the mech damaged it and replaced with a roadliner cover when installing exhaust.

·
Registered
96 Posts
That rubber button is where you set the clock and reset the trip odometer.
Prior to 2007 it was on the right handle bar but due to some other manufacture copyright it got moved.
The 2007 Roadliner came in Cobalt Blue
The Roadliner S came in Silver or VDRM (very dark red metallic) ATK Black Cherry
The Stratoliner came in Cobalt Blue
The Stratoliner S came in VDRM or Dark Bluish Gray

Yours has the chrome of an S and looks to be a 2007 (rubber button), I would think its a Stratoliner S by the color.
It looks like Dark Bluish Gray in the photos.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That rubber button is where you set the clock and reset the trip odometer.
Prior to 2007 it was on the right handle bar but due to some other manufacture copyright it got moved.
The 2007 Roadliner came in Cobalt Blue
The Roadliner S came in Silver or VDRM (very dark red metallic) ATK Black Cherry
The Stratoliner came in Cobalt Blue
The Stratoliner S came in VDRM or Dark Bluish Gray

Yours has the chrome of an S and looks to be a 2007 (rubber button), I would think its a Stratoliner S by the color.
It looks like Dark Bluish Gray in the photos.
Thanks for the info. Very helpful. I would say it is a dark bluish grey.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a 2009 Roadliner and it has the 3 chrome strips on tank also. Mine sat at a dealership until 2013 when i bought it with 0 miles on it. I am partially disabled so i don't get to ride like i want. So it only has 7500 miles right now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts