Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I sold my beauty last year, a VStar 1100. I'm now looking for a 1700 Roadstar and found one in my area. It is a 2004, 30K miles,needs a rear tire and other comestic repairs.
I want to transform the stock look into something I did with the 1100, here are before/after:

The question to y'all is, what would it be the price for a 04 with 30k miles? Do you know anyone selling one here? The guy is asking $3900. I'd prefer to buy one from a member. The only reason I sold my 1100 is due to the lack of power when the wife and I were riding together.
I posted the pictures above hoping someone here knows or have a 1700 for sale with the "final" look I'm trying to achieve.
Thanks guys!
H

·
Registered
545 Posts
Beautiful bike! Think I'd have left her home....... :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Beautiful bike! Think I'd have left her home....... :)
I know:( It was underpower for me... I'm 245lbs and wife 145lbs. Riding on I-75 where cars and semis are flying over 80mph was a bit scary... She really is a beauty. It is owned by a very nice lady, her husband bought for her and the bike is babied! Great people. I do not feel as bad:)
I had to pass on the Roadstar. Too many things for me to do and the price was already up there...

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Sweet lookn scoot you had.I think the price is a little steep for that mileage.It would be nice to see some pictures of it so we could base our decision.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Paddy you crack me up I was thinking the same thing.

I bought mine for a couple grand more and its a 2001 1600 Roadstar it had 10k on it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As I stated before, I passed on the bike. Still looking for one if anyone here knows one for sale.
Thanks!
H:)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would look at craigslist!
I just picked up my first bike there.
2005 V Star 650 custom with 9300 miles for $2500
If you look you will find what you want sooner then you think.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Like StarZ said. Look on CL I just found my baby on there. I paid $5200 but it was almost perfect shape plus it had lots of aftermarket parts with under 25000 miles. In my area it was a great price. I really liked buying it from a private owner since I could see how much he enjoyed and took care of the bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts