Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

My great grandfather rode in the circus. Inside a steel ball, in drag, early 191x through to the 192x. I am trying to ID his motorcycle in this picture. I am thinking Indian 1914 or 1915 Little Twin? Help me out. Picture may be mirrored so don’t get stuck in which side. The most distinctive features are those bars with the cross bar, the grips, the split front fender mount and the rail for the shifter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
It is definitely an Indian.
I cannot help anymore than that.

Have you tried sending an email to the 'Wheels through Time' museum located in NC.

Ride smart. Ride often.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Kinda reminds me of the 1914 direct drive. Other than the floor boards.

Hard to tell from the picture though.

Reactions: Boog

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kinda reminds me of the 1914 direct drive. Other than the floor boards.
View attachment 99777
Hard to tell from the picture though.
Yeah, problem is that the models with the big floorboards were desirable and lots of modifications were done in order to do the “Wall of Death” and the spheres. I note he has chopped the rear fender, but not the front. This was before the scouts were the preferred models due to the short wheelbase. His seems like a slightly modified board racer. He wasn’t with Barnum or other big circus, more like a traveling carnival. It’s the bars and grips that pretty much nail down 1914-1915. The smaller engines were also preferred. The split mount on the front fender is what is throwing me. Might not be stock though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts