Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am new and just got an 05 V Star 1100 with only 4800 miles. It runs but it bogs and doesn't like to have power in the mid range but seems to run ok in the low throttle range and may run ok at full throttle. it would appear to be a fuel problem based on what I am reading.

I noticed that the bike does not have the following part but I can not seem to find what this is or if its needed. right now its just missing and an open port to atmosphere.
The size and shape appears to me like a PCV valve or something but I cant be sure.

If anyone could help me figure it out and if its needed or if I can cap the port off safely I would appreciate it.

Computer keyboard Automotive tire Automotive design Peripheral Bumper

·
Registered
8 Posts
  • Helpful
Reactions: lesblank

·
Registered
1982 XV1100,1989 XT600Z Tenere, 2008 F800ST
2,101 Posts
IIRC, my Virago had those and they either ventet to open air or the air box, cannot recall.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
i would suggest getting this from a dealer, where yuo can show him the picture of what it looks like. if it is a hose then it is unobtainium.

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
2,239 Posts
There is literally nothing inside that plastic thing. It is only a vent hose. The plastic thingie fits into a recess molded into the bottom of the air box, which just keeps it from moving around.

I've never bought one, but I would gamble that when you buy item 8 you will get the molded rubber hose elbow and the plastic thingie together. Then, if I was wrong and it only came with the molded hose elbow, I'd find a short piece of tubing around the shop and jury rig it.

Reactions: lesblank

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is literally nothing inside that plastic thing. It is only a vent hose. The plastic thingie fits into a recess molded into the bottom of the air box, which just keeps it from moving around.

I've never bought one, but I would gamble that when you buy item 8 you will get the molded rubber hose elbow and the plastic thingie together. Then, if I was wrong and it only came with the molded hose elbow, I'd find a short piece of tubing around the shop and jury rig it.
Thank you I will ignore this as part of my potential issue then.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts