Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 XVS1300 Blue and basic
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is hard to find a factory passenger backrest for 2007 XVS 1300. I have found used 2008 XVS 1100. Anyone knows for sure if it fits or not? Anyone have the part numbers to compare? Thanks in advance for any help.

It is hard to find a factory passenger backrest for 2007 XVS 1300. I have found used 2008 XVS 1100. Anyone knows for sure if it fits or not? Anyone have the part numbers to compare? Thanks in advance for any help.
I guess I answered my own question. I checked an aftermarket unit and it says it will fit both. Sorry to have posted this asking for help.

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,400 Posts
I would be careful and seek further confirmation. Considering the 1100 Classic and 1100 Custom don't even use the same seat, I would be surprised if the 1300 did. I checked part numbers and they are not the same, but that isn't a definite answer either.

·
Registered
2007 XVS1300 Blue and basic
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I would be careful and seek further confirmation. Considering the 1100 Classic and 1100 Custom don't even use the same seat, I would be surprised if 1300 did. I checked part numbers and they are not the same, but that isn't a definite answer either.
Yes I can see the 1100 mounts on seats are a no go and the fender rack is a no go. The used unit is a 4-hour ride in this weather to test fit so that's a no-go. I just found a factory unit for the 1300 but it is several states away and shipping is an extra $90. I will keep looking local or prove the 07 1100 fits. I do thank you for checking part numbers. My wife saw new aftermarket costs and said she did not need one yet. Thanks for your thoughts

Should warn you though. Aftermarket seats (Ultimate,Mustang,ect) don't fit with OEM backrest.
Good info thanks. I have spare set stock seats and spare new factory Exhaust all takeoffs when new. They are sitting on the shelf till needed or a trade. The factory pipes on my bike are drilled out and I am happy with them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts