Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to put on a set of holey roller 12" apes from road 6 custom on my 2000 vstar bobber. I know a few places that offer cable kits for the clutch, throttle, and brake lines. My question is, what about the big thick silver sleeves that are on both sides coming from the the left side horn and turn signals and the one on the right side from the shutoff switch and starter? No kits come with extensions for those. Do i have to rewire them myself to be longer and sleeve them or would i just have to get rid of them? Id, of course, prefer to keep them seeing that turn signals,horn, and starter button amd shutoff is kind of nice and a must lol

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Yer gonna have to extend yer wires, or re-route. I'm slowly gathering what I need to put 16's on my ride. Figured after I extend the wires, I'd just adjust the outer shield to a place that looked good. Maybe share info on where to get the cables and brake hose? Some on here have put 12's on the rides without having to change out cables, by just changing the routing. Will most likely have to swap brake hose though. Good luck with the change over.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you sonysnek. You can look at a place called barons, barnetts, or jp cycles online. They make complete kits for most yamaha models. Id advise not going to barnetts though because they were extremeley rude to me and spoke to me as if i was ignorant just because i asked the same question i asked here. So the silver cased lines from both sides, ill have add more wiring to make them longer? Because no kits include those. Only throttle,clutch,brake,and choke cables

1 - 4 of 4 Posts