Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Stratoliner needs tires at a little less than 8,000 miles. My front is a 130/70R18 MC 63H Bridgestone G851 and the rear is a 190/60R17 MC 78H Bridgestone G Exedra. I was hoping to get Michelin Commander 2's but they don't have the rear size. Please give me your opinion on what might deliver better milage and still run good for cruising. The manual says run Bridgestone or Dunlop. Also I don't feel the need for a Radial tire. I have run Bias on all other bikes. Help please!

·
Registered
251 Posts
I don't believe the speedo is off anymore than usual, as far miles, so far have about 2k and wear is minimal.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The commander 2 130/70/18 is a bias tire. The 200/55/17 is a radial. Can I mix the two safely? I really need a 130 radial but mich does not make one. Should I order a mixed much set or stay with Bridgestone?

·
Registered
69 Posts
run commanders front and rear,dealer said he can't believe the wear I'm getting 10k and will go atleast this season or next

·
Registered
9 Posts
I put the commander II's on my Suzuki C50 and loved them. Did 11,000 km last season and they hardly look worn. On those bikes guys in the forum were saying they were getting 25000km on them. I plan on putting them on my Midnight star 1700 next year.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts