Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok need some help!!!

Yesterday I get home bike is hot and I'm ready to change to oil...Whoever owned before me apparently was an IDIOT, and rounded the head of the bolt....So I can not get it out right now and if I do it will probably be damaged..

SO I am in need of a new drain plug before I remove and trash this one, does anybody know where I can get one??

Or what thread size/pitch the plus are so I can buy a new magnetic one????

I am going today to talk to my local Yamaha dealer/shop but they are going out of business in 2 weeks so I may not be able to get one from there and no other dealers close to me.

Thanks in advance....

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Mstng, at least see if your local dealer can give you a part number - if necessary you could have it overnighted from somewhere else. Sounds like they used the wrong tool and stripped it...

·
Super Moderator
6,411 Posts
I'm with my bud Annie, at least with a part number you can search many places for a replacement. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will do, planning to go by there after work today...Was just hoping maybe someone had installed a magnetic plug and knew which thread size/pitch I need to buy..If I get it out I can always measure that but def want a new plug before I get the old one out...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts