Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
My brother is looking at an '07 Midnight Silverado, and I wanted to know if there is anything specific to these that we should look for before buying. Also, what are the negatives (if any) to these? Lastly, are these owner friendly as far as oil changes and other periodic maintenance?
Thanks,
Scott
aka BikerBucky

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Have you tried looking in the corresponding thread concerning that particular bike? I can't help much more than that as i have an '05 1100 :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sparky,
Yes I have, and all that I found was your post when you were looking for yours. You asked the same questions, but everyone commented on price between bikes and mods. No answers to my questions. Maybe someone else can provide input.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Great bikes you can't go wrong. Pretty user friendly unless it has an
aftermarket exhaust. Some of them get it the way of where the oil filter is located. But they make relocation kits for that.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
I have nothing bad to say about my Silverado. If your brother is even just a little mechanically inclined, he'll be able to handle the oil changes with no problem. You don't mention where your from but if you have to winter your ride then he will possibly only have to do 1 oil change a year. As for the other maintenance, we'll here is where i can't really comment as I'm a mechanic by trade and I find it easy in some aspects and a challenge in others. :)

Both of you ride safe and let us know the outcome.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks hdeater and corsair. We're in Ohio, so yes winterizing will happen. I've been working on bikes for about 6 years, so if he needs help I'll be over.
Thanks again,
Bucky

1 - 6 of 6 Posts