Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
I just put a FIAMM Freeway Blaster on my Royal Star

it only takes 6A so it does not need an additional relay to run off the battery

The mounting was not the same as the OEM bracket, but it was not hard to adapt it.

Noticeably louder and a lower frequency tone. $15 on Amazon.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Ok... what are thoughts on louder aftermarket horns?
If you have on you like, what is it? Also, will it fit on Biggie? ('00 Road Star Silverado)

Ride Smart! Ride Often!
I have a Bad Boy air horn on my
SVTC. It’s definitely louder than stock. I think anything you can do to be seen or heard is a plus.
No idea though if it will fit on your Silverado. Relatively inexpensive. About $34 at Harbor Freight Tools.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SVTC. It’s definitely louder than stock. I think anything you can do to be seen or heard is a plus.
No idea though if it will fit on your Silverado. Relatively inexpensive. About $34 at Harbor Freight Tools.
Did you need any additional wiring? Or relays?

Ride Smart! Ride Often!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Did you need any additional wiring? Or relays?

Ride Smart! Ride Often!
It comes WITH a relay, and YES you will have to use it.
I tried just tying it in to the existing horn circuit directly and it blew the fuse. Too much draw. You’ll have to run a dedicated and fused wire (will need to get an automotive water proof fuse wire from auto parts) to the relay, chassis ground the other wire from the horn and use the horn circuit to activate the relay.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
If you know how much current the horn draws you can look up the fuse specs in the Yamaha Factory Service Manual for your bike, and see which circuit the horn is on looking at the schematic (if its not listed in the fuse section)

Thats one reason I got the FIAMM, it only draws 6A (stock horn was 4A) and its on the 10A "signals and horn" fuse.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
That is one of those things that can't be too loud
well.... it really is possible to tear out your eardrum with sound...

dont put your ear next to a WOLO

cheap hearing aids are $2000 per ear

·
Super Moderator
4,637 Posts
Installed the horn last night. Sounds much better then I thought.
I'll take a video of it & post soon.

Ride Smart! Ride Often!
Audio would be nice also. 🙉

·
Registered
554 Posts
A little guy on his three wheeler was peddling his tiny little legs off racing me down his street this morning. I waved and beeped at him. The stock 950 horn is a lot louder than you think it's going to be on a quiet morning in suburbia. Not so much out on the super slab with 18 wheelers all around. Like Roseanna Roseannadanna use to say, "it's always something. It's either too loud or too soft or too ..."

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
its hard to just tap the horn button on a motorcycle like you can on a car

·
Super Moderator
4,637 Posts
Sounds much better.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts