Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I ride in 90 plus degree heat and have ridden in 96 degree heat on this bike already and I did not experience the engine heat this reviewer mentioned, but remember that he was on a brand new Venture so it was in the break-in period, I did notice on my Venture that it ran hotter during break-in than it does now after the engine has broken in.

I think what the reviewer was feeling was break-in heat from the engine.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I ride in 90 plus degree heat and have ridden in 96 degree heat on this bike already and I did not experience the engine heat this reviewer mentioned, but remember that he was on a brand new Venture so it was in the break-in period, I did notice on my Venture that it ran hotter during break-in than it does now after the engine has broken in.

The video is now showing unavailable....I wonder why?

·
Registered
1,951 Posts

I agree Bill. I heard him constantly complaining about the windshield NOT knowing that you CAN stop it’s at any point. Too bad, I think he would’ve appreciated that Yamaha heard him BEFORE he said anything. Lol!
The complaint about the price point of the bike is AGAIN made by someone who confessed they NEVER buy new. It’s unfortunate because when the standard features are compared to other cycles, the value is starkly evident IMHO. I wonder if he knew it comes with a 5 year UNLIMTED MILEAGE Warrantee? Also, at the end of the Warrantee you can have the bike inspected at a dealership and RENEW the Warrantee for ANOTHER 4 years!
9 years of a Warranteed bike is phenomenal!
To me, that shows the confidence Yamaha has in this bike.

Thanks for posting that!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree Bill. I heard him constantly complaining about the windshield NOT knowing that you CAN stop it’s at any point. Too bad, I think he would’ve appreciated that Yamaha heard him BEFORE he said anything. Lol!
The complaint about the price point of the bike is AGAIN made by someone who confessed they NEVER buy new. It’s unfortunate because when the standard features are compared to other cycles, the value is starkly evident IMHO. I wonder if he knew it comes with a 5 year UNLIMTED MILEAGE Warrantee? Also, at the end of the Warrantee you can have the bike inspected at a dealership and RENEW the Warrantee for ANOTHER 4 years!

Thanks for posting that!
I purchased the extra four years of YES warranty when I bought mine, so I should have nine years of total warranty, 1 year factory 4 years of included YES and 4 years of YES that I purchased.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts

Thanks for posting that!
I purchased the extra four years of YES warranty when I bought mine, so I should have nine years of total warranty, 1 year factory 4 years of included YES and 4 years of YES that I purchased.
I didn’t add it to my original purchase but had it explained to me. As long as the bike is still IN WARRANTEE you can have it added any time BEFORE it expires.

·
Super Moderator
4,450 Posts
FYI, video unavailable for me also.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didn’t add it to my original purchase but had it explained to me. As long as the bike is still IN WARRANTEE you can have it added any time BEFORE it expires.
I went ahead and bought it solely because of the new electronics on the bike, I have no doubt the mechanical side will be fine but the electronics i.e. the 7 inch screen or something else goes back the YES warranty should cover me and for nine years to me it made sense.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Another review of the Star Venture but again a reviewer who really does not know the bike and is riding a brand new bike still in the break-in period, I wish these people would do some research if they are going to post reviews of motorcycles instead of just jumping on them and not knowing hardly anything about the bike or how its functions work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPrPrmteQFA&frags=pl,wn

·
Registered
448 Posts
I went ahead and bought it solely because of the new electronics on the bike, I have no doubt the mechanical side will be fine but the electronics i.e. the 7 inch screen or something else goes back the YES warranty should cover me and for nine years to me it made sense.
American,
I dont think the electronica are covered. There were a few exceptions and I believe that was one of them. I'll see if I can find the exceptions and post them up.

·
Registered
448 Posts
https://www.yamaha-motor-yes.com/globalassets/terms--conditions/48-renewal-state_mtsp_11_0825-effective-12_2011sampleonly.pdf

Warranty Exclusions:

APPEARANCE-RELATED DAMAGE such as scratches, nicks, dents, fading paint and trim, tears, corrosion, gel coat stress cracks, and growth of marine organisms on surfaces. Seats, padding, upholstery, cushions, fabric, vinyl, stitching; stains on or damage or wear to seats, padding, upholstery, cushions, fabric, vinyl, and stitching.

6. AUDIO COMPONENTS.

13. FAILURE OF FINAL DRIVE CHAINS/ BELTS OR SPROCKETS, DAMAGE DUE TO FINAL DRIVE CHAIN/BELT BREAKAGE.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Considering the infotainment system controls features of the motorcycle to include the seat heater, grip heater, TPMS, windshield, the infotainment head unit which is what I would be concerned with should be covered. Audio components could be argued speakers, antenna ect.

The infotainment system also gives the read outs for other bike functions as well, so I think Yamaha would have a hard time denying warranty on the head unit due to so many of the bikes system features it controls.

·
Registered
809 Posts
https://www.yamaha-motor-yes.com/globalassets/terms--conditions/48-renewal-state_mtsp_11_0825-effective-12_2011sampleonly.pdf

Warranty Exclusions:

APPEARANCE-RELATED DAMAGE such as scratches, nicks, dents, fading paint and trim, tears, corrosion, gel coat stress cracks, and growth of marine organisms on surfaces. Seats, padding, upholstery, cushions, fabric, vinyl, stitching; stains on or damage or wear to seats, padding, upholstery, cushions, fabric, vinyl, and stitching.

6. AUDIO COMPONENTS.

13. FAILURE OF FINAL DRIVE CHAINS/ BELTS OR SPROCKETS, DAMAGE DUE TO FINAL DRIVE CHAIN/BELT BREAKAGE.
Audio components...ARE covered on the 5 year warranty covering the 2018 Star Venture (models). This was posted awhile back, and with calls, including myself to Yamaha Canada, I was advised that that 'blanket' advisement in the standard Yamaha Warranty does NOT apply to the SVTC or Eluder. You can call to check that out for yourselves. All electronic radios and communication devices are covered, so long as they no longer work to abuse, damage, or in improperly washing the motorcycle with high pressure water spray. Stuff like that.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Considering the infotainment system controls features of the motorcycle to include the seat heater, grip heater, TPMS, windshield, the infotainment head unit which is what I would be concerned with should be covered. Audio components could be argued speakers, antenna ect.

The infotainment system also gives the read outs for other bike functions as well, so I think Yamaha would have a hard time denying warranty on the head unit due to so many of the bikes system features it controls.
Bill, (at least in Canada), all Audio equipment (the electronic modules) are fully covered for the full 5 year warranty period. I called Yamaha Canada myself, and was advised by them that that standard reference in the Warranty 'read', did not apply to the SVTC. I 'assume' that that is also for the Eluder. That is my assumption, but for the SVTC...yes. I'd call Yamaha U.S.A. to confirm the same....

·
Registered
1,951 Posts

Bill, (at least in Canada), all Audio equipment (the electronic modules) are fully covered for the full 5 year warranty period. I called Yamaha Canada myself, and was advised by them that that standard reference in the Warranty 'read', did not apply to the SVTC. I 'assume' that that is also for the Eluder. That is my assumption, but for the SVTC...yes. I'd call Yamaha U.S.A. to confirm the same....
I asked Yamaha about that one myself. They said it was covered on the SVTC.
Here’s something else they said. If you get the model below “Deluxe” and ADD NAV, fog lights etc.. they are only covered for ONE YEAR. ONLY all items ON THE BIKE at the time of purchase is covered by full extended Warrantee.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Video is unavailable, but if you click on "Youtube" at the bottom of the video screen it will take you to the Youtube and plays a video no problem.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts