Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if anyone read far enough through the forum rules to know they require an intro post. I did! (I'm also a special snowflake)

I'm a 2010 vstar 950 tourer rider. My last bike was a 2000 vstar 650 classic. She ran like a gem and I got to sell her to my friend as her first bike. I've always said the 650s make great starter bikes. Rode mine for 10 years before deciding i needed an upgrade.

Don't have pics up yet. My bike mods so far have been a Cobra slip-on, Bad Boy air horn, LED show lighting, K&N high performance filter, and Kuryakyn air filter cover. I'm extremely happy with the 950.

·
Super Moderator
13,118 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northwest Illinois. Glad to have you join us and it's good to know a little about you. Looking forward to reading more about you and the 950. Post often and ride safe.

·
Registered
10 Posts
60 years old and getting back into riding

Well for first post I will show off my custom made header at my shop in Georgia. See if this raises any eyebrows. 1100 VStar primary tubes.jpg

1100 VStar with collector added.jpg

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well thanks for the kind words. I am planning to have them powder coated or done in ceramic soon. I have just taken them apart, actually where the collector slides on I have reduced them with a baffle, the primary tubes are 2" and are within a half inch of each other, I wanted them balanced. It was tooooo loud without baffle's in them and suffered a little bit in torque. I manufactured two baffle's that are mounted inside of the collector just before the turnout. All I can say is WOW as the torque is so much better and the noise is almost 50% less, but still loud enough to feel great. I am going to sink the carbs today and I hope that is all I need to do. The exhaust is cool enough at the outlet that I feel I do not need to reject or shim the meter rod's. I am so new at this game but it looks like I have hit it pretty close. I have made headers for many bikes and cars here are a few pictures of other project I have been involved in. It is a Harley Sorry but shows you where I am at. Enjoy and thanks again. Jack Bike before new exhaust.jpg

harly start.jpg

starter tube right.jpg

starter tube rear.jpg

front primary tube.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts