Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, names Marc. Bought my 4th Yamaha today, after 2 years of no motorcycle. 16 years ago bought my first, a 1986 Radian. Then got a 199? Virago 750 around 2000. 2005 bought a brand new VStar 1100 Classic, beautiful bike, especially after I modified it. Never thought I would sell that one. So, fast forward to today, picked up a 2006 RoadStar with 6100 miles. Not real fond of the color, red, but that can be fixed this winter. Looking forward to getting info and giving if I can help.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome aboard:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As far not having the bike, it wasn't easy, but I kept busy with my Ford Broncos and F150s. Older Fords in the rust belt will keep anyone busy as hell. Now I am down to one F150, sold all the Broncos.

As far as the paint goes, I am going to design something myself. Never had a real custom paint job before and I am excited thinking about all the possibilities. Got till winter to come up with something.........

Thanks for the welcome wishes.
:cool:

·
Registered
621 Posts
Welcome aboard. Looking forward to seeing that custom paint job when it's done.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just ordered these. Can't wait. http://www.roadburner.com/motorcycle-exhaust.php?rbID=72

When I got the bike home yesterday I told my wife the first thing I had to do was get new pipes, it was obnoxiously quiet (oxymoron maybe?). She says "Here we go again". Anyway, took her for a spin and the first thing she says is "Yeah, you were right, it needs a louder exhaust"

Done and done.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.

Both are nice bikes but I can understand your frustration from having a lovely BLUE bike and then having a settle for the much slower red bike. I feel you pain. ;)

All kidding aside, I look forward to seeing the custom work you do on it. Keep us posted.

Enjoy the Forum.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally got around to installation of the Roadburner pipes. Found out the pipes were only 2.5 inch, not 3 inch. I looked at the Ebay seller that I bought these from and realized several things.
The part number was for a 2.5" Street Pro.
They were listed as a 3" Road Pro which doesn't exist.
They only thing RB makes is a 2.5" Street Pro and a 3" Drag Pro.

Road Burner Exhaust Sale

Road Burner 3" Road Pro's

(with Black Ceramic Coating)

Save up to 50%-Free Shipping to lower 48 states

Road Burner 3" Road Pro's for

Yamaha Road Star

This listing is for a new set of Road Burner 3" Road Pro's.

Black Ceramic Coating
3" diameter outer pipe.
1.75" inner pipe.
Features True Double Wall Construction.( US Patent # 6,908,980)
CNC Machined billet end caps.
Baffles included.
All mounting hardware included.

I don't think it was intentional on their part, but what should I do? I wanted the 3" Drags. I sent them an email through Ebay, should I just suck it up?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts