Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Yamaha xvs 1100 Dragstar
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I ride on the highway in approx 110 kilometers/hour (km/h), and give my bike more gas quickly when driving by another vehicle, it hesitates for a fraction of a second. The carbs are synchronized. And when the bike is warm, it "backfires" when driving slow and backfires more when decreasing the throttle. My bike is a xvs 1100 dragstar (V-star) -99. Sorry for my poor English but I hope you guys understand my problem anyhow.

·
Registered
Yamaha xvs 1100 Dragstar
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
When I ride on the highway in approx 110 kilometers/hour (km/h), and give my bike more gas quickly when driving by another vehicle, it hesitates for a fraction of a second. The carbs are synchronized. And when the bike is warm, it "backfires" when driving slow and backfires more when decreasing the throttle. My bike is a xvs 1100 dragstar (V-star) -99. Sorry for my poor English but I hope you guys understand my problem anyhow.
I should point out that no modifications have been done on the bike, its totalt stock, all that has been done on the bike is during the years syncing the carbs, cleaning the carbs, adjustments of the valves, just ordinary maintenance

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.