Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
Star Eluder
237 Posts
Love it when people say if you need to remove it you can....I suppose but it's not a 5 minute job. Lol. I personally don't buy a bike for the manufacture, or the warranty, or the name...I buy it because I love the bike. If I want to modify it then I do, if it fails then why on earth would I want a warranty to put it back the way it was when it failed? Build it better to perform the way you wanted it to when you modified it... or just leave it alone and ride under a warranty and love life.
I get were you are coming from. Different strokes for different folks. Personally I'm a cheapskate at heart and have a hard time voiding the warranty. This is assuming any of this actually would void it. I've read so many conflicting statements on the subject on various sites and forums there is no clarity at all. So err on the side of cation or go all out. I can't and don't want to tell anyone what to do.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
Love it when people say if you need to remove it you can....I suppose but it's not a 5 minute job. Lol. I personally don't buy a bike for the manufacture, or the warranty, or the name...I buy it because I love the bike. If I want to modify it then I do, if it fails then why on earth would I want a warranty to put it back the way it was when it failed? Build it better to perform the way you wanted it to when you modified it... or just leave it alone and ride under a warranty and love life.
Never said it was a 5 minute job. Do what you want.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thats a ridiculously simplistic way of looking at bikes whoch are personal and unique possessions of each individual. That’s the whole thing about the PVC. It doesn’t mod anything. It’s a piggy back system and makes the bike run like it’s supposed to. No one said 5 minutes to remove, you did. Yeah, if the flat tappet cam fails because Yamaha specified an oil that didn’t have a high enough ZDDP content then they fix it and you use higher ZDDP content oil. But it’s stupid to throw away a 5 year warranty to some egotistical rationale.

·
Registered
2018 Yamaha Eluder
62 Posts
Thats a ridiculously simplistic way of looking at bikes whoch are personal and unique possessions of each individual. That’s the whole thing about the PVC. It doesn’t mod anything. It’s a piggy back system and makes the bike run like it’s supposed to. No one said 5 minutes to remove, you did. Yeah, if the flat tappet cam fails because Yamaha specified an oil that didn’t have a high enough ZDDP content then they fix it and you use higher ZDDP content oil. But it’s stupid to throw away a 5 year warranty to some egotistical rationale.
Fair enough, didn't mean to upset anyone.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I would add this. If you are into modifying for performance you sure as hell bought the wrong platform to do it. A one year production bike doesn't make a big splash in the aftermarket world. Now if you bought a Harley then you could modify until your bank account ran dry. Done that on more than one occasion, but it is a blast. But nothing ran like the Concours 14 with Ivan's Flash. I think the Eluder performance wise is pretty good right out of the box. I haven't noticed any issues yet. But a few more miles will give me a better idea if it does in fact need the PC V

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Well it looks like the conversation on this thread went in a unique direction, LOL...nevertheless back to the original topic, I was successful on the PCV install, install was somewhat easy accept for that second fuel connection, that was a bear to get at, I had to go buy a pair of these long nose bent pliers to get the original connector unhooked and the new ones connected, but once that was complete, I started the bike up and IMMEDIATELY noticed a difference, smooth throttle response in first gear and on, the bike rides like a completely different bike, and while I it didn't change the bike into some kind of beast, it make it run like butter, just soooo happy I pulled the trigger on this upgrade so thanks to all of the advice from the folks on this site.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well it looks like the conversation on this thread went in a unique direction, LOL...nevertheless back to the original topic, I was successful on the PCV install, install was somewhat easy accept for that second fuel connection, that was a bear to get at, I had to go buy a pair of these long nose bent pliers to get the original connector unhooked and the new ones connected, but once that was complete, I started the bike up and IMMEDIATELY noticed a difference, smooth throttle response in first gear and on, the bike rides like a completely different bike, and while I it didn't change the bike into some kind of beast, it make it run like butter, just soooo happy I pulled the trigger on this upgrade so thanks to all of the advice from the folks on this site.
The PCV is the single most valuable mod I’ve done to my Venture. It turned it from a fuel starved, ill running, EPA choked mess into the smooth running incredible motorcycle it was supposed to be. Like night and day.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts