Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I have been with out a bike for about 3 years now, well that is changing soon, IF the TAXMAN cooperates with us this year ! I found a sweet 2000 Yamaha Road Star 1600 I really want, and I hope to get it this week or next.

I have ridden many different bikes over the years, from a 1971 CB-750, a 1972 XS-650 twin, a 1979 XS-1100, 1984 Yamaha Venture 1200, a 1989 Venture Royale 1300, a custom built Styers VW powered Trike, and a few others I am sure I am forgetting about, lol

·
Registered
821 Posts
Welcome! And good luck on getting the Roadstar. Post some pics when and if you do.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard.Be sure and post some pics when you score your R*.If you don't the picture police will strike upon you.lol Good luck we will all be gunning for your purchase.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hope to know if I am getting my bike by wednesday or thursday. . . . will keep you posted.

:):cool::):cool::)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Welome to the 4M!

When you get it, you'll look like this:
If you wear an open faced helmet you can keep the light bulb in your mouth. That will save you the expense of adding a light bar........:D

·
Registered
159 Posts
oh yeah, Welcome!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't laugh, I rode home one night by the light of a 4 cell MAG LIGHT cause I lost my headlight about 75 miles form ANY store. . . . got stopped by the cops, asked what happened so I told him, he was like, "Okay, well it is NOT illegal so, be careful. . . " ! was one of the worst rides I ever had ! Thank god I carried that light all the time!

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
YIKES! But where in God's name do you stow a 4 cell Mag-Lite while riding. (keep in mind you don't have to answer that if it is too embarrasing) :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
At that time I was riding one of my Ventures that I have owned, forget if it was the 1200 or the 1300. . . . stored it in the saddle bag with my tools, to get home that night I taped it to the front fender!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Okay, had my conversation with the TAX MAN, will have the money to get my bike on 2-21-12, now if it is still available then. . . .

·
Registered
159 Posts
Okay, had my conversation with the TAX MAN, will have the money to get my bike on 2-21-12, now if it is still available then. . . .
Good Luck!!! Hope it's still there when you get there. It's going to be a long couple of weeks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
VERY LONG couple of weeks. . . . Thinking about hanging out at the shop tell anyone who looks at it how crappy a bike it is! lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts