Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hello Goodspeed! A great advantage on this forum is learning lots of information about different bikes as well as your own. Even gaining advice or asking about particular issues will allow you to become knowledgeable about how your bike operates, etc. We like pics of your ride too! Ride safe and enjoy~YammyV

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,537 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. I'm an 1100 rider also. And please post some pictures. Ride often and safe.

·
2,535 Posts
Welcome from another 1100 owner. Love my bike and I know you'll love yours too. This is the right place to learn more about it.

·
Super Moderator
6,420 Posts
Hi Gs, welcome to the forum. Lots of 1100 owners here so you’ll learn a lot about your bike. Ride safely and looking forward to seeing your pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies! Here are a couple pics.

On a different note, I did my first spark plug change last night. The bike wasn't running cleanly. Totally my fault. I had family up on the weekend and the bike was started up and shut down a few times without letting it warm up. I pulled the plugs and they were totally black. With the new plugs installed, I had the quickest start yet. I was glad to fix it since this might be one of the last weeks to ride. Its getting cold up here. (Kitchener, Ontario)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Running the bike for several minutes a few times should not foul out the plugs.

Running it a while with the choke pulled out off the stop could. Could also be a very dirty air filter. If your air filter is not white like printer paper get a new one.

Its also possible they are really old plugs.

·
2,535 Posts
I hear ya on the weather. Getting chilly here in the Maritimes too. Still rode mine until the middle of November last year but you know how fast things can change this time of year. Sigh... considering taking les up on his offer to move to Houston...lol

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Its getting cold up here. (Kitchener, Ontario)
thats a joke, right?

Kitchener is like the Deep South of Canada

you are one hour ride from Ft Erie!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts