Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Everyone!

Just stopping in to introduce myself. I'm a first time rider from NJ with a 2013 Vstar 250. I look forward to speaking with other motorcycle riders!

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Welcome to riding and to the forum, lacorte. You came to the right place to learn about your new ride and hang out with other V Star owners. We love pics here so post one when you get a chance!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Welcome lacorte. About to move back into NJ from just over the river in PA myself. Hopefully the rain will let up soon...
250 was my first bike as well. Fantastic bike to get comfortable and clever on. Rode mine for years in city and country.
I had the thing in pieces more than once, so got plenty of pointers if you want to do work on it yourself.
Also suggest cyclepedia.com for color-photo, everything-explained-for-beginners, version of the shop manual. You can literally dismantle the engine using it, as long as you know which end of a screwdriver is which. Ride safe.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,088 Posts
Hi lacorte, welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. Nice looking 250 you got there, thanks for sharing a pic of it. Glad you joined us and ride safely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,630 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Great looking bike. Ride often and safe.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcome to the forum and allow me to extend the same warning I have been issuing to all 250 riders for the last two weeks, watch your mileage. Specifically around the 30k area. Have the oil pump checked. I lost my 2015 250 when the oil pump gear stripped its teeth and could not engage with the drive gear from the crankshaft. The result was a seized engine. Looks like a sweet ride and I replaced my 2015 with a 2018 recently and will begin tinkering with it, starting with the turn signals.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts