Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! Just finished registering. I joined because I wanted to pick your brains a little. I have yet to purchase my V-Star and was hoping to gain some useful knowledge from this membership. I am hoping to get a V-Star 650 classic in white or silver with a Silverado package. I also want to add Passing Lamps and Highway Crash Bars. Now I am 32 years old and grew up around bikes but I never owned my own nor have I had a motorcycle endorsement or for that matter was allowed in the garage while my dad worked on his bike. I want one bad but when I got laid off seven times in a three year period, it shot my credit all to ____! Now with the current economic problems no one wants to give me a loan. So, I figured this would be a good time to learn some of the basics from a few of the old timers or at least someone with experience in motorcycles. (LOL) I know that I want to take a Motorcycle safety course this summer but that is about as far ahead as I have planned. If anyone has any suggestions for me, I am all ears! I want to get a leg up on knowing how to take care of my bike as well as certain traits the V-Star has that I might want to know. Also, If you guys have suggestions for how to make her a more comfortable ride (IE. After market seats, shocks, etc) I am listening!

Thanks for all your input in advance!
Sincerely,
Brian Fields

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that!!! I just checked out the site and I dig the fact that it has Police Motorcycles working on the video. I happen to work for a police dept!!! (LMAO) NOT A COP!!! (lol) I dispatch, but I do respect those guys on the bikes and what they do!

·
Administrator
15,534 Posts
since you're looking for a smaller cruiser and credit and money is kinda tight, i'd recommend fishing through the classifieds for a used bike. you don't have to look hard to find a great deal because a lot of people are looking to unload their bikes right now.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
since you're looking for a smaller cruiser and credit and money is kinda tight, i'd recommend fishing through the classifieds for a used bike. you don't have to look hard to find a great deal because a lot of people are looking to unload their bikes right now.
Yep, Been all over them!!! Two additional problems are one I live in a remote area of AZ, So everything I find is usually an 8 hour drive or more and two I am married! LOL The misses doesn't really like me putting back money for this! Although, she tells me she likes the idea of me having a cruiser!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts