Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I just bought my first bike. A 2005 V Star 650 custom. Ill post in another thread about the issues with it. I have built, raced, and worked on cars most of my life but I'm new to bikes. I have ridden several times and even come from a family of riders. Although i've never had my own bike until now. I am really excited to get the opportunity to build my first bike.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There are 650 owners here, and I'm on the 950. Congratulations on your first bike purchase!

We have a V Star section to post problems in. There are also sections for engine work, oil, etc. I'm sure you've browse already to search for an answer to your problem. ..?

Feel free to post and share pictures of your ride.

Welcome.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Welcome Ben2463, excellent choice for first bike. I am sure you'll find all the answers you seek here. There is lot of 650 riders here. Safe rides man!

·
Super Moderator
6,006 Posts
Hi Ben, welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. When I got back into riding I chose the 650, great bikes! Please share some pics with us and we're glad you joined us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hello ben2463! We are glad you've joined our forum. Show us some pictures of your bike and let us be a part of your project...lots of knowledgeable friends to help, too. YammyV

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Ben, welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. When I got back into riding I chose the 650, great bikes! Please share some pics with us and we're glad you joined us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome! I'm also in East TN. I would have liked a little bigger bike I am used to riding 1100 and bigger. But this is my first bike ownership and since I got the bike for only a few hundred bucks, I'm happy with it. I do have to say i like the feel of it even though i haven't got to actually ride it down the road other than coasting down the big hill beside my house trying to push start it. Its a nice light bike, it feels like it would be really nimble in the turns around here. That's one reason why i was considering a smaller bike. I'm 5'11'' 200lbs and riding my brothers 1500 thought the turns around here brings on the fatigue by the end of a long day riding.

I don't have any more pictures yet. I am going to do some before and after pics, when I get it up and running hopefully within the next week or two.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts