Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. New Vstar rider here. Used to be a Honda Shadow guy ('87 VT1100 and 2001 Sabre) but got a great deal on a stock 2005 Vstar Classic with only 1,600 miles. Put about 5,500 miles on it the past year (usually a short season in upstate NY...) and really enjoy it. Just put a Max Air Preditor Pro kit and new Metzler 888s as well to replace the original tires. Haven't ridden it since upgrading, so looking forward to that today :) Been riding for about 30 years.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
hello Zod !

we are neighbors, Im in Fairport. Will be in the fifties today, warm enough for two pairs of pants and my 3 layer Tourmaster jacket.

Thinking of taking the ride around Canandaguia lake this afternoon.

Nice looking ride BTW, I have a 650 Classic.

·
Super Moderator
6,086 Posts
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee Zodder! We'd love to see a bigger pic of your 650. Ride safely and enjoy warmer weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hey KCW! Small world....I'm in Irondequoit. We finally have a good day to get out there haha. I have that same Tourmaster jacket and love it. Perfect for around here. Canandaigua's a great ride. Love stopping at the Naples Inn for a beverage too :) Are you a member of any of the Meetup riding groups in Rochester?

Thanks for the welcome Keith :)

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
Hey KCW! Small world...
I usually stop at the mobile station in Naples, with the Subway for lunch, and go back up on the east side of the lake.

Im not a member of any riding group. I usually enjoy my MC time to myself.

When I ride with other people I find myself staring at the bike infront of me most of the time.

EDIT: made the ride today. The first gas station on the north side of Naples is an Arrow Mart with Subway. I think it use to be a mobile station, not that it matters. They make these great cinnamon rolls with a ton of icing on them that will put you into insulin shock if you dont wash it down with a quart of coffee.

Was a great ride today - I made the left turn too soon coming back going up the east side of the lake and ended up on the west side both ways.

There are only a few of the finger lakes with roads along the side of the lake: Canandaigua, Seneca, Keuka on one side.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
the early 650 and 1100 classic bikes look nearly the same from a distance, they had the round air filter too.

the later 1100's look a little bit different. The 650s all look the same.

that is one thing I like about the Vstar bikes, they got things right from the beginning, and did not have to change anything.

Another Yamaha bike like this is the SR500 / 400. Yamaha has built that bike since the late 1970s, and you look at the first one and this years - its the same bike.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Welcome from Eastern Canada, zodder. Used to travel through that region often back in my long haul days and it's beautiful country. Nice ride you have there.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts