Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lurker turned registered user here. Picked up a 2003 Vstar 1100 Silverado from a family member 2 years ago with very low miles on it for a great price. Was off bikes for 22 years when this opportunity of a lifetime presented itself & I couldn't pass it up. Typical scenario of work, family, & life in general getting in the way of riding as much as I'd like to, but plan on putting a few more miles on her this year.

I know, I know - I'll get some pics posted, I'll vote on the BOTM, & I'll take the census thing.;)

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome from where ever i may be :D

I know, I know - I'll get some pics posted, I'll vote on the BOTM, & I'll take the census thing.;)
Good job of stopping the crazy ones before they start

·
Administrator
13,683 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome

Just wanted to say Welcome Brother. I see you live a few miles down the road from me. I am also a newbie. I guess I flunked the test by not studying the rules when I signed up. Imagine that:)

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
My dear friend Dtap as Bevo said; do you think that I wont quote you the book of newb.

In chap 1 you will find the rule on posting pics. In chap 45 you will find the rule on voting for the BOTM. In chap 99 you will find the rule on taking the census.

I leave it up to you to tell the forumees where on what pages you found these tidbits of information. HD will be correcting your reply to ensure that you have the correct answers. Strat will use his blue marker for all good answers and I will use my red marker :D :D:D

Welcome to the forum and keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just wanted to say Welcome Brother. I see you live a few miles down the road from me. I am also a newbie. I guess I flunked the test by not studying the rules when I signed up. Imagine that:)
Thanks. Yeah, I guess you, me, & Dirk Diggler(Whitehall) make up a nice little triangle, don't we?

howdy. feel free to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting
http://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7
and please take our census
http://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5655

you didn't honestly think that would prevent me from still posting that, did ya?
No not actually, but I hoped it would take the sting away a little bit.
Census & BOTM voting complete. Pics still to come.

Thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard Dtap. Ride safe and keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
305 Posts
What does the book of newb say about how many posts or how long I need to be here before I can "Welcome" other newbs?
Corsair has never read that chapter. He only like the parts of the rule book that have pictures!

Anyway, you will find in the index on page xi that the chapter pertaining to "when can newbs welcome other newbs" begins on page 44. In the 44th paragragh it clearly startes that any newb, once he has voted for BOTM, took our census, AND posted required pictures of his ride, that the welcoming of other newbs is then permitted! Or, after waiting 44 days and replys to 44 other posts. Whichever comes 1st.

Welcome to the bored! ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts