Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there y'all,

Down here in Florida it's still riding season. I'm new to the forum, but I've already got some awesome info. I've been a member of other various forums and so far this has been the most helpful forum I've come across.

I've had my motorcycle endorsement for several years, but just bought my first bike about a month ago: 2000 V Star 650 custom. It's not in perfect condition, but I can't complain seeing as I bought it for $600 from a guy moving to Canada.

I look forward to seeing y'all on the forum.

Btw, this nurse is a straight dude. :cool:

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome aboard nurse dude on wheels!

. . .and thank you for your work (without you the doctors would be lost ;) )

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
theannihilator, Gainesville area. I actually live out in the country about 30 miles from Gainesville, but nobody knows where Trenton, FL is. :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Actually i know where you are. I been threw trenton a few times on the way to jacksonville and tallahsee when taking the back roads. im south of you about 75-100 miles.... trying to find some people in the area. the more people i know the more likely i can get cheap labor for stuff im not able to do myself (changing tires for example LMAO). naw just like to have some riding buddies to take a trip traviling the state of florida for a few days for the hell of it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome! When I get the bike where it's ready for it I'd love to get together with a group and find some scenic roads :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When you get the bike ready??? Sounds like you put in new spark plugs, added some sea foam to the gas and now it won't even start.
I bought the plugs and seafoam but haven't used them yet. Monday is my first chance to do some work on it. Rain or shine. Can I add the seafoam to the tank if it's full? or should I drain the gas, add the seafoam, then fill the tank? Or does the order even matter?

My last class is over at noon. I'll update y'all on any progress and supply more info after I get into it then. Thanks for the help! Like I said, I'm new to mechanical things, so advice and direction is greatly appreciated :)

If it's not raining I'll be sure to get some pics in the next few days too ;)

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
You can add the sea foam into a full tank but follow the suggested amount. It's something like one fl.oz. per gallon of gas. It may take a few applications to get any benefit so we still need to get the bike to run first.

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Did I hear someone say pics?? 😁

Order doesn't matter so long as you're sure you don't have crud in the tank (in which case you should drain and clean the tank first). Might as well check the fuel line before even starting, just turn off the petcock (like it was when you had your maiden ride :) and pull the fuel line and blow some Air through it.

Also, I'd dump at least half the bottle of seafoam in a full tank and ride a hundred miles to run it through. Of course, I live on the edge (eat too much cheese, download music and movies from the Internet, and ride a motorcycle) so proceed at your comfort level.

But you have to get the bike running first ⚠

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts