Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, I am new to this forum but have been driving my 2006 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Midnight Custom since it was brand new. Ive been riding for 10 years and became a member because I am having a mechanical issue. Also I can not start a thread in the V-star section...any thoughts??

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
3 Posts

Sawyer,

I think you have it. Three posts. It is a thing to reduce SPAM, we were getting a bunch o it for a while. Welcome.
Dave

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
Do you really have to have 3 replies before I can post?

I dunno, but welcome:)

The moderator is Bevo1981 should you require assistance, and he will be along shortly to insist that you vote for something called "Bike of The Month".

Please humor him as he's on his last legs and lives for this unusual fixation. This picture of him was taken as he mounted his barbwire themed bike. Unfortunately he forgot the kevlar jeans under his assless chaps.

But it's OK, he's from Texas...:)

·
Super Moderator
13,068 Posts
looking into it right now. you should be able to post anywhere after ONE INITIAL POST IN THE INTRODUCTIONS FORUM. i'm getting the admin to clarify this. where are people getting the idea that you have to post 3 times in here? i've stated numerous times that it should just be ONE INITIAL POST, and it states in the forum rules that it is just one post, but everyone thinks it is three for some reason.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
looking into it right now. you should be able to post anywhere after ONE INITIAL POST IN THE INTRODUCTIONS FORUM. i'm getting the admin to clarify this. where are people getting the idea that you have to post 3 times in here? i've stated numerous times that it should just be ONE INITIAL POST, and it states in the forum rules that it is just one post, but everyone thinks it is three for some reason.
Bevo, I can't swear to this, but I thought after all the spammer stuff you guys posted that it took 3 posts to be able to go full speed. Am I off base, or do any of you other guys remember that:confused:

·
Super Moderator
13,068 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Howdy Sawyer. I will eave this three post thing alone...I thing it's an Urban Legend meant to give us older guys something to talk about. Plenty of great folks here and a lot of great information!

·
Super Moderator
13,068 Posts
to clarify this whole posting thing, here's what happens. so listen carefully so all of you can inform new members who have problems posting:

you must post at least ONCE in the Introductions forum. sometimes the software process that grants permissions may take up to 45 minutes after your post before your permissions are granted to post in other areas of the forum.

read it. learn it. know it. share it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts