Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been riding for about a year. My first and current bike is a 07 vstar 1100. Right now I'm learning how to be my own mechanic for it so I can make it my own. I have a very basic knowledge of mechanics which is a big reason I joined this forum, other than my love of riding of course. I look forward to learning much and being able to show off my handiwork.

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
Very cool. If I was only allowed to offer one bit of advice to a new MC mechanic: get a torque wrench and use it for everything that bolts into aluminum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you much. I got one just in case so I'm glad I started out right lol. I've already put new pipes on it but i have to go back and redo the gaskets so that'll give me a chance to tighten everything up the right way

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Welcome from N. Florida. Look up the 1100 on here so you can see some of the repairs people have made and advice they have for the shaft drive.

·
Super Moderator
6,231 Posts
Welcome to the forum, would love to see some pics of your ride. Enjoy the forum, lots of great people here and everyone is willing to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2,349 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Like you, I have a basic knowledge of mechanics and always do my own work on my vehicles (barring needing any expensive equipment or tools). I've been learning to work on my 1100 (with the help of this forum) and find it very enjoyable. Around here salt on the roads in winter can make even a simple job on my truck an all day task with rusted parts, seized bolts, etc. It's nice to work on the bike where everything is rust free and things come apart as they should.

Like Keith said, post a pic or two when you get a chance and safe riding!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts